Staying in the Aqua Dome Hotel is the best way to experience this iconic thermal spa nestled in the Austrian Alps. Hotel guests get unlimited access to the entire thermal bath complex, sauna world, and fitness center as well as exclusive access to the two-story Spa 3000 and panorama relaxation room.
Additionally, Aqua Dome Hotel guests get early access (7 am) to the Thermal Baths, before the complex is open to the public (9 am). That means you can enjoy the floating basins and pools in peace.
When you book a night in Aqua Dome, breakfast and dinner are also included in the room rate.
Our experience far exceeded our expectations. The spa is memorable, the staff is superb, the food is delicious, and the setting is picturesque.
Aqua Dome Hotel Review
- Rooms: 168 double rooms, 24 junior suites, 6 family suites, 2 executive suites (400 beds total)
- Wellness & Spa: Therme, Sauna World, Spa 3000, Fitness Room
- Amenities: Free mini bar (nonalcoholic drinks), spa bag with bathrobes, flip flops, and towels, free underground car park, FREE Wi-Fi
- Dining: On-site restaurant and bar / vegan and vegetarian-friendly
- Half Board: Breakfast and Dinner included in room rate
- Affiliation: Vamed Vitality World (Therme Geinberg, Tauern Spa, St. Martin’s Therme & Lodge)
- Where to Book: Booking.com for the best rates
This post links to products and services we love, which we may make a small commission from, at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting our blog!! – Sabrina and Kati
Tips for Staying at the Aqua Dome Hotel
1. You can check-in to the hotel as early as 9 am. Though you won’t have access to your room until 3 pm, you will get full access to the Therme. The reception will give you a spa bag with a towel, bathrobe, and flip flops.
2. Swim in the floating basins and pools between 7 am and 9 am, before the public opening.
3. Enjoy the Spa 3000 on your day of arrival. You won’t have access to it on your day of departure.
4. Eat dinner in the hotel restaurant. You may have the choice to eat in the Thermal Bath canteen restaurant (e.g. “BBQ in the Bathrobe”), but you’ll miss out if you skip the multi-course dinner in the hotel restaurant. Leave room for dessert and cheese.
5. For the best photo, head to the Panorama relaxation room (hotel guests only).
Arrival and Departure
Rooms are available starting at 3 pm. However, you can check-in as early as 9 am and get access to the entire Therme Spa.
The reception was very welcoming and professional. They explained everything and gave us a welcome drink and a daily program (available in multiple languages).
This daily program outlines the opening times of the various wellness areas, the dinner menu, fitness program (e.g. yoga, stabilization workout, stability and balance, mobility and stretch), and optional excursions.
If you want to partake in a fitness class, register for the course 30 minutes before it begins at the reception or in the fitness center.
When you check-in, you’ll receive a chip wristband. This wristband opens your hotel room and grants you unlimited access to all areas of the Therme (Thermal Baths, Sauna World, Spa 3000, Fitness Center).
You can charge all extras (e.g. lunch, drinks etc…) to your chip wristband.
On the day of departure, hotel guests have access to the Therme until 10 am.
If you want to extend your visit, you can pay an additional fee of 16 EUR per person. That gives you all-day access to the Thermal Baths, Sauna World, and Fitness Area. The only space you won’t have access to is the Spa 3000.
Note: if you decide to extend your visit on your last day, head to the reception, so they can switch out your chip wristband.
Wellness & Spa
Aqua Dome encompasses the following wellness areas:
- Therme (50,000 m2)
- Sauna World (2000 m2) – garment-free area for adults (15+)
- Spa 3000 (2000 m2) – hotel guests only
- Fitness Center
- Treatment & Spa
- Children’s World – Alpine Noah’s Ark
You can learn more about the Therme complex in our guide to Visiting Aqua Dome.
- Therme: 7 am – 11 pm (7 am – Midnight on Fridays)
- Sauna Word: 10 am – 11 pm (7 am – Midnight on Fridays)
- Spa 3000: 10 am – 10 pm
- Fitness Center: 7 am – 10 pm
The Spa 3000 is an exclusive space just for Aqua Dome hotel guests and Relax! One-Day Vacation Deluxe visitors.
It’s a two-story area which offers some of the best views of the Aqua Dome complex and surroundings. It also contains some of the most beautifully-designed relaxation areas and saunas in the whole Aqua Dome spa.
Here’s what you can look forward to as a hotel guest.
Spa 3000 Level 1 (Garment-Free)
- Moss Room & Pool. Natural moss-covered walls surround a 34°C pool. The pool is ringed with plush loungers.
- Herbal Tea Room and lounge area with hanging globe swings. Complimentary tea bar.
- Ötztal Mineral Bath. Beautiful, circular steam sauna with tile seats.
- Herbal Sauna with bird song.
- Herbal Sauna with special herbal infusions. Make sure to sign-up in advance
- Rose Quartz Relaxation Room with swing chairs.
- Kneipp Hot-Cold-Hot Shower
Spa 3000 Level 2
- Bar & Lounge. The bar sells drinks and snacks. You can enjoy your beverage directly at the bar, or in the lounge area, by a fireplace, or outside.
- Outdoor Terrace lined with Fire Torches. Gorgeous outdoor area overlooking the Thermal Basins with lounge chairs.
- Panoramic Sauna with central fireplace and glass facade.
- Längenfeld Badl’n. Shallow bath with massage jets, facing Längenfeld and the valley.
Extra towels are provided throughout Spa 3000 at no extra charge.
Panorama Relaxation Room
This relaxation room is located in the second level of the Therme. It overlooks the outdoor basins, pool, and cone-shaped stairway.
Aqua Dome Hotel Restaurant
When you arrive at the hotel restaurant, the hostess/host will ask you for your room number and seat you. You won’t have the same table throughout the duration of your stay.
The dining staff is excellent. They manage the continuous stream of hungry patrons with ease, kindness, and attentiveness.
You can eat breakfast anytime between 7 am and 11 am.
The breakfast buffet is very extensive. Everything is self-service with the exception of coffee.
You can eat dinner anytime between 6 pm and 9 pm.
The quality of the food is excellent.
The Aqua Dome hotel restaurant is dedicated to showcasing cuisine from different alpine regions across the alpine arch. By reinventing traditional Alpine dishes in creative and surprising ways, the hotel kitchen strives to make the culinary part of your stay as memorable as the spa.
Some courses are served to your table (starter and main dish) while others are available at the buffet (soup, salad, dessert).
Sample Dinner Menu:
- Starter: Smoked Trout with Alpine Caviar Sauce and Beetroot (fish), or Beetroot Carpaccio with sour cream, avocado, and almonds (vegetarian), or Fried alpine cheese slices with mushrooms and arugula pesto (vegetarian).
- Salad: Various salads
- Soup: Cauliflower cream soup with garden cress and coconut milk, or Frittatensuppe (sliced pancake clear beef broth soup)
- Main Dish: Steamed catfish with truffled orzo (fish), Duck breast with red cabbage puree and potato pasta (meat), or Stuffed mini peppers with potato puree and smoked tofu (vegetarian)
- Dessert: Extensive dessert, ice cream, and cheese buffet
If you’re vegan, there are alternative menu options available to you.
The hotel bar is open from 12 pm until 1 am.
The hotel bar and lounge is actually a gorgeous space with plentiful seating arrangements.
On certain days, there’s live music.
Bedrooms are furnished in a traditional alpine style. Some rooms seem newer than others.
We expected the bedroom to be finer. While our room was clean and comfortable, it didn’t seem like a 4-star-superior bedroom. It didn’t impact our stay, as we spent the majority of our time in the thermal baths and spa area.
All bedrooms have balconies. We really enjoyed the balcony view of the Aqua Dome complex and the surrounding mountains.
A nice bonus is the complimentary minibar. It’s refilled daily with non-alcoholic beverages (juices, sparkling water, still water, Almdudler, Coke).
Service & Staff
We were really impressed by the Aqua Dome hotel staff and overall management. Everything was seamless.
Contact & Booking
Address: Oberlängenfeld 140, 6444 Oberlängenfeld
For the best rates, we recommend checking out Booking.com.
More Thermal Spa Hotels in Austria
- Tauern Spa Hotel & Therme, Salzburg
- Linsberg Asia Hotel, Spa & Therme – Adults Only, Lower Austria
- St Martins Therme & Lodge, Burgenland
- Hotel SPA Resort Therme Geinberg, Upper Austria
- Falkensteiner Balance Resort Stegersbach – Adults only, Burgenland
- Hotel Rogner Bad Blumau, Styria
- Das Sonnreich – Thermenhotel Loipersdorf, Styria
- Avita Resort Bad Tatzmannsdor, Burgenland
- Das Ronacher Therme & Spa Resort, Carinthia
For more tips, follow us on Instagram @moonhoneytravelers
Learn more about Thermal Baths in Austria:
More amazing hotels in Austria:
- Best Hotels in the Austrian Alps
- Best Hotels in Lech am Arlberg
- Hotel Eder in Maria Alm, Salzburg
- Hotel Theresa in Zell am Ziller, Zillertal
- Hochleger Tree House in Zillertal
Learn more about Austria:
- Austria Travel Guide
- Best Places to Stay in Austria in Summer
- Austrian Alps Hiking Destinations
- Best Day Hikes in Austria
More amazing hotels in the Alps: