Last Updated: May 24, 2018
Thank you for visiting our website and reading about our travels. All content on moonhoneytravel.com reflects our own personal views and is for informational purposes only. Although we endeavor to make sure that our content (including travel guides, blogs, and itineraries) are well-researched, up-to-date and informative, we make no representations or warranties as to the completeness and accuracy of the content found on moonhoneytravel.com, or the content we link to. We are not liable for errors, omissions, or changes to the availability of this information. Additionally, we do not provide professional medical, legal, or other advice, and are not responsible for any losses, injuries, or damages that arise from the display or use of this information.
By reading our website content, you agree that you are doing so of your own free will. If you try something we have written about on this site, you are doing it at your own risk.
Our Contact Details
Sabrina B. & Katrin W. Otherwise known online as “Moon & Honey Travel.”
Our website address is: https://moonhoneytravel.com.
Our email address is [email protected]
What data we collect from you
Personal data means any information capable of identifying you as an individual. It does not include anonymised data. We may process certain types of personal data about you as follows:
- Identity Data – may include your first name, maiden name, last name, username, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data – may include your email address and telephone numbers.
- Technical Data – may include your login data, internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, time zone setting and location, operating system and platform, and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Usage Data – may include information about how you use our website.
- Marketing and Communications Data – may include your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us and your communication preferences. We collect this data when you voluntarily opt-in by entering your personal details, and confirming the subscription to our newsletter.
How we collect your personal data
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods, which include:
Direct Interactions – When you voluntarily fill in your personal information and data on a form on our website, or by communicating with us via post, phone, email, or otherwise. These interactions include when you:
- Subscribe to our newsletter, service, or publications. Your name and email is collected through the form-fill.
- Submit a contact form. Your name and email is collected through the form-fill.
- Enter a competition, prize draw, promotion, or survey.
- Give us feedback, or send us an email.
- Post a comment on one of our website pages. When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Automated technologies or interactions – As you use our site, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and usage patterns. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We collect this data by using cookies, server logs and similar technologies.
Third parties or publicly available sources – We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources, such as:
- Mailchimp for distribution of our newsletter;
- Thrive Leads WordPress plugin for collecting contact details for our newsletter;
- Analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU.
How we may use your personal data
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings and we will only send you that newletter that you have voluntarily opted in to;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity.
Who we share your data with
We may share your information with third parties when you explicitly authorize us to share your information.
Additionally, this Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies, which can be found on their respective websites.
This Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
- Thrive Leads – this is a lead generation plugin for WordPress. We use this plugin’s opt-in forms to collect your contact details (name and email) for our newsletter. It integrates directly with Mail Chimp.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time in the Website’s sole discretion.
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
How long we retain your data
We’ll only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
Below you can find the rights you have related to your personal information stored by us:
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at [email protected] to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to [email protected]
Amend – You may contact us at [email protected] to amend or update your personal information.
Erase – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to [email protected] This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
We require your explicit consent when processing your identifying data. This occurs when you submit your details, for example, when you subscribe to our newsletter. If these cases, we’ll always send you a further communication asking for you to confirm your consent to this processing (for example, asking you to confirm your subscription to our newsletter).
That said, we do not and will never collect Sensitive Data about you. This data refers to details about your race, ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data, or criminal convictions or offenses.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Moon & Honey Travel uses both “session” and “persistent” cookies.
Session cookies – These are deleted from your computer as soon as you close your browser, and help us to keep track of you while you navigate our site, increase web security and prevent fraud.
Moon & Honey Travel engages in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Some of the links on this website are affiliate links. If you choose to purchase using these links, we receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. By using these affiliate links, you’re directly supporting Moon & Honey Travel and the running costs of maintaining the website.
Please note that we never recommend any products or services through our affiliates that we haven’t personally used, or that we don’t believe are the best quality product. If you do click on a link on our site, please note that you’re subject to their data collection and privacy policies, and we’re not responsible for these.
- Moon & Honey Travel is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for websites to earn commissions and advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
- Moon & Honey Travel is also a participant in the Booking.com Affiliate Partner Program. We earn a small commission if you a complete an accommodation booking using one of our Booking.com affiliate links.
Blog Comment Policy
Certain parts of this website offer the opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions, information, material and data (“Comments”) in areas of the website. Comments reflect the view and opinion of the person who posts such view or opinion. To the extent permitted by applicable laws Moon & Honey Travel shall not be responsible or liable for the Comments or for any loss cost, liability, damages or expenses caused and or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on this website.
Moon & Honey Travel reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which it considers in its absolute discretion to be inappropriate, offensive or otherwise in breach of these Terms and Conditions.